The Genability Switch REST APIs provide simple RESTful interfaces with lightweight JSON-formatted responses.
This section of the documentation is geared towards developers and covers the basics of using any of our Switch REST API endpoints.
- REST Request - how to send a request including the domains, paths, and HTTP Method conventions we use. Also includes details on the common parameters for pagination, filtering and sorting.
- REST Response - we have a standard response wrapped, which is detailed here. We also talk about HTTP status codes and how we return error messages.
- Security - how to authenticate yourself, with examples for various technologies
- Date Formats - dates and times can be tricky.
- Echo Endpoint - a simple little set of APIs for testing integration.